terça-feira, 11 de outubro de 2011

Permutations - Phil Hine

Permutations is a collection of four essays which I feel throws up different perspectives - a ‘window’ if you like - into the diverse forces & feelings which have shaped my approach to magical work and concepts. Readers will discern a strong autobiographical element within these pages. This is a deliberate style, as I have found that the act of unveiling how magic has affected me personally, is a key to communicating the often
abstract ideas which relate to the ‘hidden’ faces of magic - which are often difficult to carry across in bite-sized chunks.
Simply saying “this is how such-and-such should be done” and leaving it at that - is not an approach which works for me. The magical power of ‘concealment’ is well-known. The power of revealing oneself, warts ‘n’ all, is less well-attested.

These four essays reflect different areas of my magical work which I have found, for various reasons, to be at times, problematic. Writing is for me, both an earthing and an exorcism. This collection is not quite ‘practical’ in the same way that my other books are, but nonetheless, I feel that the reader may find some useful points herein, which cross all boundaries of magical activity.



Down

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário